SPAN being a child rights defending organization advocating and networking with a demand of state sponsored FREE, QUALITY and EQUITABLE education for all children also have taken the responsibility to uphold a model school encompassing all the attributes of quality education to set an example. Thus an Education Resource Center “SPAN - ANANDADHARA” including a formal school has been established as a laboratory of imparting quality education and also providing holistic supports for children’s development which was also registered under Society Registration Act in 2005.
Keeping Children at the center:
At Anandadhara there exists a welcoming, child friendly atmosphere. . . an atmosphere of warmth, security, trust and friendliness where firmness is mixed with encouragement and challenge to stimulate the childents, children and governing board. This teamwork is based upon mutual respect, support and understanding.
Anandadhara perceives children as full individuals with differing needs and strengths. It's aim is to support all children to achieve their full potential. We have high but realistic expectations. We want children to give of their best, appreciate what they can do well and what they could make better. We work to give children a thorough grounding in basic skills; to develop a lively interest and curiosity about the world in which they live; to experience a wide curriculum that includes the creative arts, physical activities and technological exposures and to develop a love of learning that will stay with them throughout their life.
The Children with whom Anandadhara particularly works :
• Children (less than 18 years old) from socially excluded (i.e. Backward Class and Religious Minority and among them Girl children) and economically excluded (i.e. urban poor who are living in slums, jhoopries and hanties and financially marginalized) community.
The Supports Anandadhara Provides:
• Academic Learning Support
• Computer skill
• Children’s Corner
• Art and Music
• Learning beyond classroom
• Mixed Group Learning
• Individual Attention:
• Teaching Style for best interest of all children:
• Enjoyable Learning Experiences:
• Continuous Evaluation
Why Anandadhara is Unique?
- Provides a coherent curriculum with a strong focus on Rights of the child.
- Engages pupils in their learning
- Helps pupils to articulate and manage their emotions
- Broadens pupils’ horizons by providing a wide range of activities
- Provides support at transition points.
- Demonstrates the link between Education and Livelihoods.
- Recruits, develops and retains staff with respect for the children and their backgrounds.
Needs Your Support:
There is a need and enormous scope of development in teaching – learning environment of ANANDADHARA in terms of class room management, development of library, which will in turn benefit all the children. Besides, as most of the children in Anandadhara Shikshayatan are coming from economically backward family, they need support in terms of books, dress, education materials and tuition fees, which is possible through your engagement and financial support.